Corinne Scalzitti, DMD, MAGD
Invisalign Clear Aligners
3900 RR 620 South
Austin, Texas 78738
Reconstructive Makeover Dentistry
Cosmetic Teeth Straightening Options
Teeth and smile straightening technologies that are difficult to detect have been around for several years. Some technologies have relied on the use of very thin wires and brackets while others have incorporated the use of ceramic components... all in an effort to appear invisible.
During recent years, Invisalign Clear Aligners have become the proven treatment of choice for creating teeth straightening results desired by patients who do not want to wear traditional bulky and uncomfortable braces.
Invisalign clear braces technology has been readily accepted by the Orthodontic Community and are being implemented by Orthodontists and Dentists alike with patients who seek a cosmetic solution for achieving an aesthetic and functionally balanced bite.
Invisible Orthodontics - The Basics
Traditional orthodontic treatment typically involves the use of metal braces that are continually adjusted over an extended period of time to correct certain functional and cosmetic dental issues.
With Invisalign, the orthodontic process works through a series of invisible, removable, and comfortable aligners that no one can tell you're wearing. Extremely comfortable and convenient, you will smile more during treatment as well as after.
Invisalign has been proven effective in professional research and in orthodontic practices nationwide. The technology has become so much of a treatment standard that many U.S. Board Certified Orthodontists are now providing this non-traditional treatment choice as an alternative to traditional metal braces.
Clear Aligners Treatment - How it Works:
Clear aligners have been proven to be the treatment of choice especially for patients who want to have a great looking smile during treatment without the distractions and the bulky feel and appearance of metal orthodontic appliances.
- Advanced 3-D computer imaging technology is used to transform the bite impressions Dr. Scalzitti has made into a custom-made series of clear and removable aligners.
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 - 3 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth move - little by little, week by week - until they have straightened to the final position Dr. Scalzitti has prescribed.
- You'll visit with Dr. Scalzitti about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9-15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
Adults young and old who don't want to become self conscious about their smiles during treatment have made Invisalign Clear Aligners the preferred treatment choice for changing the appearance of teeth that are crowded, too far apart, or have shifted since wearing braces.
Contact Dr. Scalzitti and her staff at (512) 263-3330 to arrange a consultation for determining if Invisalign treatment is for you. Or, you can use our on-line Ask The Dentist form to send any specific questions directly to Dr. Scalzitti which she will respond to personally.